My abuser used myths very effectively to conceal his true nature to portray himself as a victim of circumstance rather than someone who purposely and deliberately chose to abuse.
- He was brilliant at making me believe he had no control of his temper as he would even run wild around our home terrifying everyone.
- He would say he had a aggressively violent nature. However his friends saw a nice reasonable, quite, almost shy man.
- He would demonstrate trust and intimacy issues, this was just another mask.
- He would blame his rage and name calling as communication issues, however he seemed fine with communicating in English swear words.
- He was definitely good at saying he had a difficult childhood, although so did I and I have never abused anyone.
- He believed that he was a good father, yet sadly he abused me in front of them.
- He would say that jealousy was a good thing, as it was because he loved me. It was not jealousy it was control and domination.
- He believed he was a good husband and he loved me. He treated me without any empathy even though I lived on medication, therefore his claim that he loved me is unbelievable.